I have REM sleep disorder and my doctor presribed melatonin(5mg) which i've used for 5 months now with no improvement. Any suggesttions?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Melatonin

Discuss with your doctor possibility of adjusting the melatonin dose or switching/supplementing with another medicine.

In brief: Melatonin

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Kevin Daus

In brief: REM sleep.

Sleeping pills will make rem sleep less likely.
There are sleep specialist and perhaps they can help you. Make sure you are not using alcohol because it works to make you sleepy but will make your sleep cycle disruptive where you will not get the restful sleep. I would keep using melatonin but rezerem...It has rem in the name. Also some of the older antidepressants at low doses are used also.

In brief: REM sleep.

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Shontae Buffington