My daughter had recently gallbladder surgery and removal. Now in blood test sgpt shows much higher value. So can u please tell me the remedies for it?

In brief: This is just

One of many liver function tests.
If this is the only abnormal value and the others are normal, probably no reason to worry; just get repeat in a week or so. It is not unusual to get transient liver function elevations after gallbladder surgery. If she has symptoms or if the test continues to rise, consult with your surgeon.

In brief: This is just

One of many liver function tests.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda

In brief: Time and discussion

Your daughter had cholecystectomy.
The SGPT level may vary according to how recent the surgery was performed. Talk to your surgeon to see if an intrahepatic cholangiogram was performed and if stones were noted. Your surgeon will want to follow with you as she recovers.

In brief: Time and discussion

Your daughter had cholecystectomy.
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: How recent?

Sometimes the manipulation or cutting of the gallbladder from the liver can cause a temporary elevation of your liver enzymes.
This should resolve after a few weeks. If not then you should be concerned about other post-op problems. Follow up with your daughter's surgeon and if they have not come back to normal you may need more tests.

In brief: How recent?

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp

In brief: Liver abnormality

Wombat6395: the abnormality of SGPT is associated to liver abnormality, usually a gallbladder operation does not alter this test.
You do not inform how are the other liver tests: sgot, bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase because mainly the bilirubin could indicate a complication of the operation, also what symptoms the patient is having, a consultation with a gastroenterologist is my recommendation.

In brief: Liver abnormality

Dr. Orestes Pablos
Dr. Orestes Pablos
Dr. Cindy Juster