Is a moderately large pelvic hematoma displacing the bladder as a result of pelvic fractures considered internal bleeding. Allot or little blood?

In brief: It seems

To me it can be quite a lot of blood for being able to displace the bladder.
The good news is that it gets reabsorbed and things return normal. If you did receive a blood transfusion(s) the bleeding was significant... If no transfusion you will regenerate the lost blood

In brief: It seems

Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Jason Rudolph
Orthopedic Surgery

Blood from a pelvic fracture is contained in the pelvis, which is a different area than the abdomen.
However it is still considered internal bleeding. If e hematoma is big enough to shift the bladder, i would consider it a lot of blood.

Dr. Jason Rudolph
Dr. Jason Rudolph
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery