I had an endoscopy 2 years ago. On nexium (esomeprazole). Should I get a new endoscopy to see if there is any change?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Depends
It depends on what was found.
Call your gastroenterologist to review your chart and make a determination on when you should have a follow-up endoscopy.

In brief: Depends
It depends on what was found.
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
great answer. Wishing you'all the best.
Dr. John Edmison
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: No
It is not recommended to have upper endoscopy just to "look and see", especially if you had one 2 years ago.
If you are having symptoms then discuss the matter with your gastroenterologist. If you have barrett's esophagus then there are guidelines regarding the timing of surveillance. Again something your gastroenterologist can help you with.

In brief: No
Dr. John Edmison
Dr. John Edmison
Dr. Steven Seres