I have been diagnosed with acid reflux after having chest pain?

Common. When chest pain is not cardiac in etiology, gerd is commonly considered a possible etiology and a empiric trial of ppi is reasonable.
Chest pain & reflux. It is more likely that your reflux is causing your chest pain than vice versa. Reflux of stomach acid into your esophagus can minic a heart attack and cause severe chest pain. If left untreated it can be associated with a higher incidence of esophageal cancer if it causes a process caused barret's esophagitis. Drugs used for treatment of your chest pain could perhaps aggravate underlying reflux.