I take vitamin d, Lipitor (atorvastatin) medicine for gout and niacin nightly before bedtime. I am having sleep problems andi get up in the middle of the night. Is there any problemwith me?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Problem?
You have a few health issues, and though getting up once or even twice may be normal for an older individual, it may not be for a young man or female.
Get a check up, or discuss this issue with your physician to make sure this is not a prostates issue, and infection.

In brief: Problem?
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Lipitor (atorvastatin) and Niacin
Would also discuss with your physician if you should be on both Lipitor (atorvastatin) and Niacin in light of the aim-high trial.

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
In brief: Discuss
This with your dr. You may need a sleep medication.

In brief: Discuss
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
In brief: Not a podiatry ?
Direct this to your family doctor.

In brief: Not a podiatry ?
Direct this to your family doctor.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Adam Smith