I had my gall bladder removed at 22 years of age. I am now 63. Could that cause bloating and gas in the evening?

Dr. Anurag Anand

Avoid fatty foods, heavy meals.
You can try otc mylanta for gas. Do you have stomach pain, weight loss, heart burn- any other associated symptoms could point to another diagnosis.

Avoid fatty foods, heavy meals.
Dr. Anurag Anand
Dr. Anurag Anand
Dr. Thomas Byrnes

In brief: Depends

The gall bladder stores bile that helps digest fats in your diet.
Your liver makes the bile and should still be making it. How long have you been having bloating and gas? Have your tried eating different foods or nothing in the evening to see how that might affect things. It takes several months of careful observation and keeping written records sometimes to figure these things out.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Marsha Davis