How long after I drink can I breast feed again?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Breast Feeding
It is better to not drink at all while you are breast feeding.
If you do decide to use alcohol, it depends on the amount your drink, and when you stop. Small amounts can be out of your system in hours. Larger amounts will take 6 or more hours. Negligible alcohol becomes part of the breast milk, so pumping and discarding is not recommended (american academy of pediatrics).

In brief: Breast Feeding
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
This question begs the question, why do you want to drink when you have an infant to care for? No amount of alcohol is safe for a pregnant mother and I would assume the same for an infant. More importantly, how much alcohol are we talking about? Will you be hung over? responsive to your child's needs? Many who drink also smoke. 2nd hand smoke predisposes your child to recognize nicotine later.
Dr. Adam Levy