I am manning to breast feed for 6 months, how do I stop after breast feeding?

In brief: Three basic plans

Cold turkey: bind yourself & send baby to others to bottle feed until they will for you.
(painful & frustrating for both but some do ok.) gradual: drop a feeding every day or two, using bottle instead. At some point body drops supply & you can accelerate coming off. (less pain) some also use baby to soften a tense breast but follow with a bottle.This tells the breast to slow production.

In brief: Three basic plans

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Weaning

The la leche league can give you specific instructions as to how to wean your child from breast feeding.

In brief: Weaning

Dr. Adam Levy