I think I have about 4 to 5 cavities in my mouth. I suffer from dental phobia. Will the dentist be able to fill them all in one sitting?

Dr. Joseph Wineman
Dentistry

In brief: Time 4 fillings

It depends on where the cavities are located.
Speak with your dentist regarding your phobia, maybe he can prescribe an anti-anxiety drug for you to take before your appt. Dentists routinely do multiple fillings at one appointment. Discuss this with your dentist. If it can done safely in one visit, the more fillings done the longer it takes. Best of luck to you.

In brief: Time 4 fillings

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: CBT

Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias.
One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.

In brief: CBT

In brief: Oral or IV Sedation

If dental phobia or anxiety is so strong it is stopping you from getting the dental care you so desperately you need, you may want to find a dentist who is trained in oral or IV sedation.
If you are in overall good health, after assessing your dental needs, they can put you to sleep and treat all your dental needs. When you wake up, you'll have a healthy mouth! good luck!

In brief: Oral or IV Sedation

Dr. BEHRAM DALAL
Dentistry

In brief: Multiple fillings

Can be done in one appointment depending on the situation.
Best to be seen by a dentist for an evaluation first. Dentistry does not have to be scary. Find someone who is compassionate with a good bed side manner and who can allay your fears. Hope this helps and thanks for the question.

In brief: Multiple fillings

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Sedation

Yes. See a DDS who uses oral sedation.
Much more comfortable. Less pain also.

In brief: Sedation

Yes. See a DDS who uses oral sedation.
Much more comfortable. Less pain also.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine