I'm 64 and look it - how can I get emergency room in take to give me equal priority with the young people?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: You will....

When you sign into an er, you are placed on a list and called in order. However, the sicker u r, the faster u need to be seen.
You will be treated equally, regardless of age. The more important issue is that up to 50% of er visits could be taken care of at a gp's office or clinic, in a much better way for one tenth the cost. Increasing primary care docs will save america many 100's of billions.

In brief: You will....

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Brian Fishman
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Age doesn't matter

Emergency rooms see and evaluate patients according to the principles of medical triage, not age.
Patients with the most urgent or life-threatening conditions are seen first. For example, a patient with chest pain will be seen before a patient with a broken wrist, regardless of either patient's age.

In brief: Age doesn't matter

Brian Fishman
Brian Fishman
Answer assisted by Brian Fishman, Medical Student
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine