How can I find a health care advocate to help during my open heart surgery for aortic valve replacement. I have no family nearby and husband not able?

Dr. SG Erman
In brief: Options
You may try discussing this with your surgeon, social services and discharge planning at the hospital where your surgery will be performed, or a visiting nurses association in your local area.
You may also try going through local clergy or religious institutions.

In brief: Options
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. Francis Kempf
Often surgeons will have physician's assistants or nurse practitioners who will have more time to talk with the patient after surgery and may be a very good person to act as your advocate.
Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Ask a friend
I am sorry you have to worry about this on top of your upcoming surgery.
You may want to ask a close friend whom you can trust. It doesn't have to be a family member. You just need to make sure you have the proper documents filled out and make sure the hospital and doctors are aware of your plans.

In brief: Ask a friend
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Hire nurse
You may hire a private nurse to be with you and care for you and continue care at home until your relatives or friends can assist you.

In brief: Hire nurse
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery