"my wife and I both have sleep apnea - we are on fixed income - what is the cheapest way to get a pair of those c-pap devices?"

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Talk to DME

If you have insurance it might be easier to get them. If not, talk to the durable medical equipment (dme) companies in your area.
They might be able to get you a deal, maybe a used machine. You will need a new mask. Your doctor's office might have some suggestions.

In brief: Talk to DME

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: ? Health Insurance

If you have health insurance, they are covered.
If you do not then a very good intervention is diet, exercise and weight loss. You need a prescription from a certified sleep specialist because of the need for proper fitting and monitoring.

In brief: ? Health Insurance

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Health insurance

Your health insurance should cover a CPAP machine or an oral appliance.
Check your insurance coverage.

In brief: Health insurance

Check your insurance coverage.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko

In brief: Don't skimp

I hate to say you get what you paid for, but.
.... I would check into insurance or a interest free finance plan like care credit. I would be careful, though, that you don't get such a cheap device that it leads to spending more money and doesn't function well. Depending on the severity of the sleep apnea, you could consider an oral mouthpiece.

In brief: Don't skimp

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham