My doctor has indicated that I have nose staph and has perscribed a bactroban (mupirocin) cream.  is this a serious condition?

Dr. Kevin Daus

In brief: Depends

If this is methacillin resistant staph, it means you are a carrier. I can be bad but it also means you could give it to someone else.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Bactroban (mupirocin)

Bactroban (mupirocin) is an excellent treatment for infections of the skin.
If your condition does not improve rather quickly, you may need to take an antibiotic by mouth. This is called systemic treatment as opposed to ointments or creams which is called local treatment. Good luck to you.

In brief: Bactroban (mupirocin)

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer