I have been on Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) for eleven years, I am now prescribed up to80 mg a day. On my bad days I have taken up to 160 an often how bad is this?

In brief: Re-evaluate

I am concerned about your need to increase your dose.
Stimulants are the first-line treatment for adhd, but they are sometimes used as augmenting agents in the treatment of depression. If you are being treated for adhd, then dose escalation should not be necessary. One of my patients did this because her untreated sleep apnea caused so much fatigue that she used the stimulant to keep her awake.

In brief: Re-evaluate

Dr. Eric Weisman