How long does it take for injected cortisone to leave the body? 20+ in 2011 w/ very bad reaction. Overall health has deteriotated past two years.

David Escobar

In brief: Half-life 8 hours

It generally takes 8-12 hours for half of the cortisone to be cleared by your body; however, your adrenal function could be suppressed for 2-3 years after a single dose.
I would see your physician and have them test your adrenal function - and (perhaps) see if the same issue that lead to your treatment with a cs is still present.

In brief: Half-life 8 hours

David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Check it out

Cortisone can be taken by mouth or injections, the cortisone itself will metabolize in the body in about24 hours, but the effects of this drug (depended for long you use it)could last long , some are reversible some are not.
Please check it out may be you still reversible effect.

In brief: Check it out

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied