Treatment for toe nail fungus?

Dr. Adam Ringler
Podiatry
In brief: Nail fungus treatmen
I ususally outline the following options for my patinets: topical creams topical antifungal nail polish removal of nail oral antifungals (some risk of liver concerns) laser nail treatment.
Talk with your podiatrist about these options to see which is best for you.

In brief: Nail fungus treatmen
Dr. Adam Ringler
Dr. Adam Ringler
Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dermatology
In brief: Toenail
Best treatment for toenail fungus is a pill called Lamisil or generic, terbinafine.
Ask your dermatologist for a prescription. It will take three months of treatment and repeat treatments are often necessary.

In brief: Toenail
Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dr. Steven Fine
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Topical option
Topical Clotrimazole (over the counter athlete's foot cream) rubbed into the cuticle twice a day can sometimes control the effects but it will not cure it.
For some in whom the pills may not be safe, it is an option. The toenail fungus will return when the topical cream is stopped.

In brief: Topical option
Dr. Steven Fine
Dr. Steven Fine
Dr. Clarence Lyons
In brief: See a doctor
See a doctor. There are oral and topical treatments.
Let them help decide whicih is the best treatment fo you.

In brief: See a doctor
Dr. Clarence Lyons
Dr. Clarence Lyons