I play tennis 4-6 times a week. I recently noticed a numbness on the inside of my big toe. Anything to worry about?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Concern

Don't worry though.
I would visit the foot doc. Do you have any low back pain? There is a condition called anterior tarsal tunnel that is casued by a muscle in the foot compressing a nerve this is a possibility. If problem persirs see foto doc.

In brief: Concern

Don't worry though.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass

In brief: No

Check to see that your tennis shoes fit well and are not worn out.

In brief: No

Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me explain

Most tennis foot injuries and problems can be prevented.
Like all people who play recreational sports, tennis players are at risk for developing overuse injuries such as: stress fractures tendonitis bursitis, black and ingrown toenails heel spurs blisters, bunions, corns, calluses, athlete's foot, and morton's neuroma, in your casei think it is over stressing that area, most likly okay, checked out.

In brief: Let me explain

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Thomas Byrnes

In brief: How do Ur shoes fit?

Are your shoes new? Or old? Do you have any other symptoms of numbness elsewhere? Pain? Does your back hurt? Have you changed your playing style, serve or playing surface? These are things to evaluate as potential causes.

In brief: How do Ur shoes fit?

Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Eric Weisman