I have taken most every statin always resulting in shoulder/arm/leg pain. I finally told my doc no more. Yet he insists that I go back on one. What?

Dr. Nancy Baxi
In brief: Prevention
It's likely he is trying to prevent a heart attack or stroke.
Ask him why. Any decision in medicine involves weighing the risk and benefit of the therapy and condition.

In brief: Prevention
Dr. Nancy Baxi
Dr. Nancy Baxi
Dr. Brad Bobrin
In brief: Ask your doc
First thing is to ask your doctor why.
Given that i don't know your medical history, i could speculate that if you have very high cholesterol or a genetic problem and are at high risk or already have heart disease or a mi, there might be no other way to lower your cholsterol to a safe level. However, ask the doc who told you this.

In brief: Ask your doc
First thing is to ask your doctor why.
Dr. Brad Bobrin
Dr. Brad Bobrin
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology