Treatment for drug-resistant high blood pressure?

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: Too many options

If you have resistant blood pressure, you may need to make sure you do not have a secondary cause such as a kidney or hormonal problem. Undiagnosed sleep apnea can do also be a cause.
Obesity and failure to lose wight with diet and exercise can also prevent medication from working. You may need to be on at least 4 types of drugs to lower your blood pressure. You may need to see a hypertension.

In brief: Too many options

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Clarence Grim
I am a hypertension specialist. And can quickly help with a second opinion. Look forward to helping you.
Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Rx 4 resist HBP

71 M from FL asks: Treatment for drug-resistant high blood pressure? ANS: Find the cause and fix it or treat it.
I specialize in this (50 years) and happy to do 2nd opinion . Most common cause is Conn's syndrome assuming you are not a salt glutton or don't take your meds or u r taking meds that increase BP. Drug of choice is to add spironolactone. But lets talk. Will get you under control in weeks

In brief: Rx 4 resist HBP

Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Arnon Rubin