What is a gum abscess? My gums are swollen, with i think pus underneath

In brief: INFECTION

That is called a "buccal fistula".
There is a small escape from an underlying bacterial infection. I suggest you see a doctor immediately in order to begin antibiotic regimen. An x-ray will hopefully clarify which tooth is the one causing the problem.

In brief: INFECTION

That is called a "buccal fistula".
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Localized infection

A localized acute infection in the gums.
You should see a dentist asap as untreated infections can cause serious complications. Even without any pain, this should be evaluated immediately.

In brief: Localized infection

In brief: Abscess

If your gums feel swollen and you notice puss you may have periodontal disease and should see your dentist as soon as possible.

In brief: Abscess

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine