I'm six week pregnant , I have urine infection and my culture shows that I have e coli more than 100000 is using uvamin is safe while pregnant ?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: A safe antibiotic

Uvamin is nitrofurantoin, which like Macrodantin is safe to use during pregancy for an uncomplicated uti.
Utis during pregnancy should always be treated. Pyelonephritis of pregnancy, as result of bacteria ascending from bladder to kidney is bad news ; Amoxicillin would be antibiotic of choice because Nitrofurantoin does not penetrate tissue ; is more of a surface antibiotic.Please treat as directed.

In brief: A safe antibiotic

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Marianne DiNapoli

In brief: Yes, it is safe.

Urinary tract infections can lead to complications in pregnancy, such as a premature delivery.
For that reason, it is always best to fully treat a pregnant woman's urinary tract infection. Uvamin (nitrofurantoin) is a safe antibiotic to take during pregnancy. Be sure to take it exactly as your doctor prescribed it.

In brief: Yes, it is safe.

Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Ahmed Yousry

In brief: Treatment is advised

Treatment of UTI is very important in early pregnancy.
To check more information about uvamin, you should call 1800-523-3080.

In brief: Treatment is advised

Dr. Ahmed Yousry
Dr. Ahmed Yousry
Dr. Leo Eschbach jr

In brief: Ito

No using that is not a problem early in pregnancy.

In brief: Ito

Dr. Leo Eschbach jr
Dr. Leo Eschbach jr
Dr. Laurel Walton

In brief: Treat infection

Infection are common to pregnancy, ie urinary infection.
The most common bacteria is E coli. It must be treated to avoid increase risks of pylonephrits which leads to sepsis and ARDS of pregnancy

In brief: Treat infection

Dr. Laurel Walton
Dr. Laurel Walton
Dr. Dale Kristle
Gynecology

uvamin is safe during pregnancy

uvamin is safe during pregnancy
Dr. Dale Kristle
Dr. Dale Kristle
Dr. Natasha Flemens

In brief: No harm to baby

It won't harm your baby.

In brief: No harm to baby

It won't harm your baby.
Dr. Natasha Flemens
Dr. Natasha Flemens
Dr. Mary David
However, not treating the infection can cause problems. Be sure and follow up with your doctor to be sure the infection is gone after you finish the antiboitics
Dr. Jane Van Dis