Can alcohol intoxication cause convulsions and seizures?

Seizures. Alcohol intoxication or binge drinking can induce seizures. This can present with convulsion or whole body twitching, loss of consciousness, and loss of bodily functions. Injuries may occur during these spell. Seizures can also occur as part of withdrawal from chronic use of alcohol as well after abrupt cessation of drinking.
Alcohol: "Ism" Yes. But so can the early withdrawal from drinking heavily. Alcohol is nothing to laugh at. The health effects of our society's obsession with drinking are very real. Too much alcohol can be dangerous. Too frequent use of alcohol is dangerous. Moderation in both frequency of use and amount used at one time is vital.