I have end stage cirrocis of the liver. Is chocolate bad for me?

Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: No
There is no contraindication in eating chocolate and cirrhosis.
However it is very important to eat a healthy diet low in salt (<2gram/day) and high with good protein sources.

In brief: No
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: No
You should discuss your dietary questions with your gastroenterologist.
Large amounts of protein are not good for people with cirrhosis, and most chocolate is dairy chocolate. Your doctor should arrange for you to meet with a dietician who can better discuss more fully dietary issues with you, which are an important part of your treatment. There is no particular problem with moderate chocolate.

In brief: No
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Peter Kurzweil