Had a big increase in floaters 1 yr. Ago. Bothers me most reading/keyboarding. Nearsighted with bifocal contacts. Suggests to treat or live with it?

Dr. Harold Ballitch
Ophthalmology

In brief: Live with it

You should be evaluated by an ophthalmologist first.
Surgery is available for floaters but if you can live with it that is probably your best option.

In brief: Live with it

Dr. Harold Ballitch
Dr. Harold Ballitch
Dr. Howard Gollup

In brief: Thorough eye exam

I'm no eye doctor, but I have floaters, too.
However, it warrants a good eye exam including careful exam of your retinas to make sure there is no more severe problem there. If not, you will eventually get more used to them. The old ones will remain, i'm afraid, but you want to make sure there's nothing there that would be a danger sign of other problems with your retinas.

In brief: Thorough eye exam

Dr. Howard Gollup
Dr. Howard Gollup
Dr. Andrea Brand