65-yr-old female. Diet and exercised my way from 230 to 165 lbs. (5'51/2"). Ready for tummy tuck. What should I expect in terms of recovery time?

Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Congratlulations and

Tummy tuck and lower body lift surgery varies in extent and by patient.
You really need to address the particulars of your case with a local qualified plastic surgeon.

In brief: Congratlulations and

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 2 wks

Most patients can return to desk jobs at 2 weeks- activities that are more physical may require 3-4 wks.
You should wait ~8 wks for very strenuous exercise.

In brief: 2 wks

Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Tummy tuck recovery

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.
This is likely the single most important thing you have done to improve your health. Recovery form your tummy tuck will vary depending on the procedure performed. From the weight loss described, you may require more than a tummy tuck (lower body lift, extended tummy tuck, buttock and thigh lift, circumferential belt lipectomy). Discuss the options.

In brief: Tummy tuck recovery

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Bruce Genter
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Tummy Tuck Recovery

Congratulations on your incredible weight loss.
You should discuss your recovery with your surgeon. In my practice, i advise patients to avoid heavy exertion for 8 weeks and to avoid sit-ups and abdominal crunched for 4 months if the muscle layer was tightened.

In brief: Tummy Tuck Recovery

Dr. Bruce Genter
Dr. Bruce Genter
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: Talk with your surge

You should talk with your plastic surgeon and make sure he/she takes into account your age and activity level.
The recovery takes a few weeks to insure adequate healing.

In brief: Talk with your surge

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery