My jaws hurt when i chew hard food and gum is it because I have a bad tooth in my mouth why my ear and neck hurt more on that right side please?

Dr. Grant Phipps
Dentistry

In brief: Get it checked

If your jaw is hurting on one side it could mean you have a bad tooth referring pain to your jaw and you could have a responding swollen/sore lymph node in your neck.
Or if your clenching your jaw at night it could make your jaw hurt. Can involve cheek and neck muscles as well. Have dds check for infection on the affected side and have him check for signs of night clenching/grinding. Good luck.

In brief: Get it checked

Dr. Grant Phipps
Dr. Grant Phipps
Dr. Babak Jouhari
Dentistry

In brief: Different possibilit

It could be as simple as a crack tooth or as complex as tempromandibular joint disorder. You should see a dentist for a complete exam.

In brief: Different possibilit

Dr. Babak Jouhari
Dr. Babak Jouhari
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Dentist evaluation

It could be all related to one issue or a combination of problems.
The only way to find out what it is and what needs to be done is to see a dentist who can actually examine you.

In brief: Dentist evaluation

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gustavo Ruiz de Castilla
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Infection & Guarding

You may have a tooth abscess and doing most of your chewing on the left side.
Guarding is a mechanism the body has to protect an injured area, i.e. Your painful bad tooth. In the process of guarding muscles get tense (spasm) to protect injury thus your ear and neck pain. It could also be an otitis media (ear infection).

In brief: Infection & Guarding

Dr. Gustavo Ruiz de Castilla
Dr. Gustavo Ruiz de Castilla
Dr. Jack Hinkle