5 doctors weighed in:
My nose is always slightly blocked up, clearing only when I sneeze, but I have been to an allergist and have no allergies. What can cause this?
5 doctors weighed in

Dr. Martin Ostro
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
2 doctors agree
In brief: Nonallergic rhinitis
About 15-20% of the population are born with the genetic tendency to develop inflammation in their nasal passages, i.
E. Rhinitis. Of this group 80% produce allergic antibodies (ige) which leads to allergic reactions, further inflaming the nose, but the remaining 20% have nasal inflammation without an allergic component. Your allergist should be able to treat your non-allergic rhinitis.

In brief: Nonallergic rhinitis
About 15-20% of the population are born with the genetic tendency to develop inflammation in their nasal passages, i.
E. Rhinitis. Of this group 80% produce allergic antibodies (ige) which leads to allergic reactions, further inflaming the nose, but the remaining 20% have nasal inflammation without an allergic component. Your allergist should be able to treat your non-allergic rhinitis.
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Martin Ostro
Thank
Dr. Bonita Wilson
ADHD & Autism
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Possible anatomical
There can be an anatomical problem such as a polyp, bone spur or deviated septum. There can be non- allergic sensitivities from irritants, medications, environmental conditions.
You may benefit from an ENT evaluation. Your allergist is also equipped to diagnose and treat many non- allergic causes of congestion.

In brief: Possible anatomical
There can be an anatomical problem such as a polyp, bone spur or deviated septum. There can be non- allergic sensitivities from irritants, medications, environmental conditions.
You may benefit from an ENT evaluation. Your allergist is also equipped to diagnose and treat many non- allergic causes of congestion.
Dr. Bonita Wilson
Dr. Bonita Wilson
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
46 years in practice
16M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors