I have osteoporosis of the lower spine I have bad reaction to actonal I excersice daily what else can I do?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: OTHER OPTIONS
There are other options for osteoporosis besides drugs like actonel.
You must continue to exercise! you must continue calcium and vitamin d and have one of your physicians check a vitamin d level to make sure you dont need high dose vitamin d. Drugs such as Evista and Miacalcin are other treatment options. We have a new drug taken twice a year by injection called Prolia that is not like actonel.

In brief: OTHER OPTIONS
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: See your doctor
There are other treatment options beside actonel.
Prolia, forteo...To name a few. Discuss these options with your doc. For now, do weight bearing exercise and make sure you are taking in adequate amt of calcium and vitamin d.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Adam Smith