What are causes for swollen foot/ankle, no discoloration (male, 53, frequent flier, desk job)? What specialization should I see?

In brief: See your Dr.

He or she can evaluate you and if necessary send you to a specialist.

In brief: See your Dr.

Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Martin Ostro
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Possible phlebitis

A swollen foot/ankle in a frequent flier could be deep venous thrombophlebitis (dvt)/inflamed veins in your calf, especially if there is pain in your calf.
You should call your primary care physician (pcp) immediately and if you don't have a pcp then go to urgent care. Dvt is associated with blood clots in the calf that can break off and go to the lung which is very dangerous condition.

In brief: Possible phlebitis

Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Many possibilities

A deep venous thrombosis (DVT) could do it but it would be usual and you have already checked that out.
A DVT in the foot can occur but they are rare, hard to find and aren't usually looked for. Superficial thrombophlebitis of the foot can happen too but they are usually painful. It could easily be related to an strain or injury, especially chronic. I would see a podiatrist.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology