Is there a good substitute for novolog? I am going to live in mexico.

Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
There are several different types of injectable insulins and each has specific advantages and disadvantages depending on the patient.
I would review this with your endocrinologist.

Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Other insulins
Work well too..Humalog (insulin lispro) has very similar dynamics as novolog.
..Buy get in it in mexico may be about the same. I'm not sure what is available in mexico, but if it's older insulins, u may need to switch to regular and nph insulins, which have very different dynamics compared to novolog...So speak w/ ur dr to change regimen and titrate dose weeks ahead of moving.

In brief: Other insulins
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law