Is there any progress being made on medications to relieve the symptoms of severe copd?

Dr. Michael DePietro
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
There are many of agents.
Some examples are: spiriva (tiotroprium ) has been around for a while and is effective at helping shortness of breath. A new drug called Daliresp (roflumilast) has been approved for COPD use. For advanced COPD there is role for mechanical therapies as well ( surgical and now bronchoscopic lung volume reduction) in select patients. COPD patients should speak with their md.

There are many of agents.
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: Consult your doctor
I recommend that you consult your primary care physician or pulmonologist about the specifics of drugs out there.
Speriva is a newer drug on the market. But again consult your physician.

In brief: Consult your doctor
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Arnon Rubin