Rash under right armpit, right shoulder and breast...Diagnosed as shingles but now have rash on left side in groin area? Can that still be shingles?

Dr. Jordan Fersel
Pain Management

In brief: No absolutely not

Rash of shingles is raised and fluid filled.
Most important it is extremely painful. You didn't mention pain so i assume that's not a factor. I know this is not shingles because it almost never appears in two dermatomes simultaneously due to the rapid immune response which contains the infection. Go see your dermalogist or fp.

In brief: No absolutely not

Dr. Amy Levine
Radiology

Shingles can occur just about anywhere.
Typically in each area it involves only one side of body, in what is called a "dermatome". You can google "dermatome" MAP if you're curious. The virus is stored in nerve cells and when activated, travels down the nerve root to affect individual areas.

Shingles can occur just about anywhere.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine