I've been mostly wearing heels the last few 5 6 months. I wore flat shoes a couple of days ago and it hurt after a walking/standing. Whats wrong?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine

In brief: Changed the stress

Wearing heels over a prolonged period of time creates a muscle/tendon memory pattern- meaning these soft tissues are used to being in a certain position.
Then, when you change to flats, you have put these tissues in a new and uncomfortable position. One example is the achilles tendon area. When wearing heels, you take tension off the tendon/calf muscles, and then going to flats stretches these.

In brief: Changed the stress

Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Jay Ryan
Podiatry

In brief: Where is the pain

Heel, achilles tendon? Sometimes a flat shoe can over stretch and aggrevate the achilles or heel ligament if it has been used to a more contracted position (wearing heels).
.. Need more info to really answer the question though.

In brief: Where is the pain

Dr. Jay Ryan
Dr. Jay Ryan
Dr. Keegan Duchicela