Can the "rebound" effect of albuterol be detrimental to recovery from RSV bronchiolitis in a 1 y.O.?

Be careful with prolonged and frequent use of albuterol for RSV as it can cause increased heart rate and can cause rebound effect.
If you are having to use " a lot" of albuterol or using it frequently you should take your child back to the doctor or er if appropriate.

Dr. Shontae Buffington
Dr. Shontae Buffington
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Some infants respond

RSV bronchiolitis is typically treated with supportive care.
There are some infants though that have reactive airways which can be treated with albuterol. I would suggest a test dose, and having your M.D. listen after the dose to document whether this is an effective treatment for your infant.

In brief: Some infants respond

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology