What do you recommend for very small kidney stones (one in each kidney)?

Dr. Steven Bowers

In brief: Hydrate

Stones in the kidney are usually asymptomatic.
They can be painful if they pass into the ureter and IV fluids and pain medicine is called for in that situation. But stones in the kidney may stay there and not cause any trouble. In the meantime keep yourself well hydrated so your urine stays dilute. This will prevent the formation of more stones.

In brief: Hydrate

Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Peter Corrado

In brief: Depends

I would like to know how you found out you have stones.
Was it an incidental finding or did you have symptoms? If you have no symptoms and no evidence of a kidney problem, you may be able to just monitor the situation for change. If you have symptoms, like pain or bloody urine, you may need more immediate care. Either way you should see a urologist to determine which course to follow.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. Peter Corrado