I itch all over but have no bumps or rashes, I just itch. Is it dry skin or something more?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Many causes

This can be only dry skin or a reaction to medication, and be associated with renal, liver or a sluggish thyroid.
It lotion does not help, blood tests and review of medications is indicated.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Steven Bowers

In brief: Dry skin.

This is the time of year for dry skin as forced air heat tends to make the ambient air dry.
Get a moisturizing lotion and apply it twice a day, especially after showers. If that doesn't work, then see your doctor. Sometimes itching can be a sign of liver disease. But i would try moisturizing first.

In brief: Dry skin.

Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Steven Bowers