I had knee surgery 4-5 weeks ago to repair an osteochrondal fracture, and my foot is swelling. What does it mean, an what should I do?

In brief: Swelling

It is not uncommon to have swelling below the knee after surgery.
However, it is always wise to consult your surgeon

In brief: Swelling

Dr. Chad Zooker
Sports Medicine

In brief: Speak to ur surgeon

Any area downstream of an injury or surgery is susceptible to swelling in the short term. The increased swelling around your knee can slow down the blood flow coming from your foot resulting in swelling.
Also, decreased weight bearing and movement in that leg slows fluid return form the foot. This is most likely, but speak to your surgeon immediately to rule out other causes like a blood clot.

In brief: Speak to ur surgeon

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine