Can physiotherapy fix minor scoliosis? Or do I need a chiropractor? My upper back curves sideways and produces pain.

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: See an MD

Scoliosis can be painful and cause other problems as well.
You should see an orthopedic specialist to determine the degree of curve and what treatments are available. Chiropractic can offer little help in this condition except the short term good feeling from a deep massage.

In brief: See an MD

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. David Hicks

In brief: Real or aquired

Scoliosis can be aquired or conganital.
If the back muscle are spasming the spine may rotate to one side. Manipulation will not corrrect scoliosis. Physical therapy can help by training the opposit muscles to work to pull the curvature back into alignment.

In brief: Real or aquired

Scoliosis can be aquired or conganital.
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine