I read chiropractic neck adjustments are dangerous. I have back pain. My upper back curves sideways. I got to chiro care. Any suggestions? Physio?

Dr. Jeffrey Albright
Integrative Medicine
In brief: Chiropractic Safe
Research shows chiropractic is safer than aspiring.
Talk to your Doctor of Chiropractic about concerns. They will evaluate for risks, benefits and alternatives. Instrument based adjustments are another option. Instrument adjustments allow you to lie on your stomach, without rotating your head or neck, and no 'pop or crack' occurs. It provides stimulation to the brain to correct poorly moving joint

In brief: Chiropractic Safe
Dr. Jeffrey Albright
Dr. Jeffrey Albright
Dr. David Hicks
In brief: Depends
What is the disease if the MRI is not showing significant nerve impingments or risk the manipulation of the neck or the bak will likey no be of any danger. If having pain and spasm physical therapy may bethe first best thing.

In brief: Depends
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Sometimes
The lower back is sufficiently strong in most people to withstand the level of stress that a chiropractor will place on that part of the spine with thrusting and jerking that they do.
Never let a chiropractor touch your neck - there have been a number of permanent paralyses and vascular events from strong manipulation of that more fragile part of the spine.

In brief: Sometimes
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Osteopathic physicians are trained to evaluate a complaint of neck pain thoroughly to ensure that any manipulation is appropriate. In properly trained hands manipulation is much safer than many interventions. The number of adverse events annually per necks treated is less that the number hospitalized for GI bleeds due to ingestion of NSAIDS.
Dr. Vikram Patel