Do you recommend tamiflu (oseltamivir) for influenza?

Dr. Gregory Hines
But only for test confirmed influenza.

But only for test confirmed influenza.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Mark Patterson
In brief: Better to Prevent
Tamiflu (oseltamivir) can be helpful in treating influenza if started within 48 hours of onset of symptoms.
However, it is much better to get the flu vaccine every fall to avoid getting influenza in the first place.

In brief: Better to Prevent
Dr. Mark Patterson
Dr. Mark Patterson
Dr. Jennifer Monti
No. It has limited value in maybe reducing symptoms by half a day. Save your money.
I offer tamiflu (oseltamivir) to my patients who have influenza, if they have been sick less than 48hours.
It's important to remember that tamiflu (oseltamivir) is not a replacement for the influenza vaccine, only shortens the duration of the illness by a couple of days, and may reduce the severity of the illness. Get the vaccine for you and family, wash your hands, and stay away from sick people.

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Peter Kurzweil