I just had a CT scan, and ultrasound and urine sampletested. They found nothing. But it hurts in my lower abdomen and to urinate is extremely painful. What shouldi do?

Dr. Margot Watson
Gynecology
In brief: Interstitial cystiti
You might have interstitial cystitis or endometriosis, neither of which will show up on imaging studies.
Consider seeing a urologist for a cystoscopy (looking inside the bladder). If that is negative, consider a laparoscopy. Avoid sodas, caffeine, alcohol, acidic juices in the meantime.

In brief: Interstitial cystiti
Dr. Margot Watson
Dr. Margot Watson
Dr. Nicole Williams
Gynecology
In brief: IC
It could be ic, interstitial cystitis.
It is an underdiagnosed disorder of bladder pain and discomfort. Usually it is a diagnosis of exclusion, meaning all other maladies must be ruled out before we diagnose ic. I suggest following up with a urogynecologist for cystoscopy to look inside the bladder.

In brief: IC
It could be ic, interstitial cystitis.
Dr. Nicole Williams
Dr. Nicole Williams
Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Could be IC
You may have interstitial cystitis.
It might be a good idea to see a urologist for consideration of a cystoscopic exam.

In brief: Could be IC
You may have interstitial cystitis.
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: Infection
Your symptoms are consistent with an infection.
You do not mention whether they cultured your urine, but should have. Likewise, some will have a normal urinalysis with an infection. See your doctor.

In brief: Infection
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Vicken Poochikian