I am 21, I have a plan to gain muscle is it advisable to use supplements in my diet? I am spending 60 min daily in gym

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: More exercise

Supplements are rarely useful.
Eat a healthy diet with plenty of protein in it, and do anaerobic exercise such as weight training or resistance training.

In brief: More exercise

Supplements are rarely useful.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Amit Bhavsar

In brief: NO

In addition to a doctor, I am a competitive triathlete who works out 3-6 hours a day.
I take no supplements and instead rely on diet to obtain all of my protein and glycogen replenishment. Most americans get more than adequate protein in a normal american diet. I suggest an introductory appointment with a nutritionist who can give you a custom plan to get the most out of your workouts.

In brief: NO

Dr. Amit Bhavsar
Dr. Amit Bhavsar
Dr. Douglas McNeill

In brief: Usually not

Be wary of anyone who offers you a treatment where they directly benefit $$$ from your purchase.
A good diet and a sound workout are the keystones to improved fitness. Supplements generally make expensive urine. While testosterone may build muscle, it does so at risk of shrinking testicles, liver damage and rages.

In brief: Usually not

Dr. Douglas McNeill
Dr. Douglas McNeill
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine