I have been diagnosed with a bulging disc l5/s1 I have had tingling in saddle area that comes and goes can you have this without cauda equina?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

A biuging disc can not cause cauda equina a huge disc herniation can this would never be described as a disc bulge.

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Not from disc bulge

You need mass effect on your cauda equina to have any risk of cauda equina syndrome.
A disc bulge will not do it. You need to go see a spine surgeon to review you MRI and confirm what your MRI actually shows. If you notice any changes in your bowel/bladder function, any saddle anesthesia -- take your recent MRI to a spine surgeon for evaluation.

In brief: Not from disc bulge

Dr. Eric Weisman