My throat hurts & I see a white spot what medication can I take?

Dr. Steven Bowers
In brief: Maybe antibiotics
Sore throat can be caused by virus or bacteria.
Although the white spot is associated with bacterial infection like group a strep, that finding is also present in viral pharyngitis. I would recommend that you see a doctor and get a rapid strep and culture. If it is strep, you will need a prescription for an antibiotic. In the meantime there are lots of soothing otc lozenges for relief.

In brief: Maybe antibiotics
Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: SEE YOUR DOC
You should see your physician to determine if you have strep throat.
If so, he will put you on the appropriate antibiotic. If it is a viral infection then antibiotics will not help.

In brief: SEE YOUR DOC
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine