What causes aa man to crave lots of green olives 30_40 at a time?

In brief: Nucleus Accumbans

Olives are high in calories, but have the healthy type of fatty acids.
Compulsive, uncontrollable consumption may  be indicate abuse/dependence which is modulated by a Dopamine surge in the reward center of the brain. Otherwise, they are delicious, .

In brief: Nucleus Accumbans

Dr. Daniel Acosta Jr
Dr. Daniel Acosta Jr
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Anemia

Iron deficiency anemia is a well known cause of unusual cravings.
Although, eating olives is not that unusual, but if it is a new craving for you or definitely something unusual in your opinion, it may be worthwhile checking for. If it is not that, then I am not sure. People's tastes and cravings change over time. I used to hate olives myself, but i eat them almost daily now.

In brief: Anemia

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Vicken Poochikian