I had a sesamoidectomy 3 weeks ago. When will I be pain free? When can I walk comfortably again?

Dr. Selene Parekh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: It takes time

After a sesamoidectomy, pain relief will occur but this can take time most of your improvement will be seen in the first three months, but you can improve pain and function up to 1 year.

In brief: It takes time

Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Ask surgeon

Pain free is a human condition I have not observed or experienced the painless foot is gift not usually found under the surgery tree.

In brief: Ask surgeon

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Daniel Farber
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: 1 year

The worst of the pain from surgery should be settling out now.
By 3 months you should be comfortable in many shoes. By 6 months you should be resuming most activities. However, it can take a year or more for all the discomfort to fade to whatever it will be longterm.

In brief: 1 year

Dr. Daniel Farber
Dr. Daniel Farber