Do I need treatment for my vaginal yeast infection if i'm not experiencing any symptoms?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: No
Vaginal yeast infections do not need to be treated if they are not causing symptoms.
Typical symptoms would be vaginal or vulvar itching, thick white discharge and general discomfort. If it is not bothering you it does not need to be treated.

In brief: No
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Craig Keathley
In brief: No
My question would be how you have that diagnosis in the absence of symptoms.
Sometimes a pap result will report the presence of yeast and some will treat based on this finding. Yeast is not an abnormal finding in and of itself. The overgrowth of yeast is abnormal and leads to the characteristic discharge and symptoms. The mere presence of yeast does not necessarily warrant treatment.

In brief: No
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Jonathan Jassey