What do you think about the use of methotrexate to treat sarcoidosis and what are the alternatives besides prednisone?

Can be effective. Methotrexate can be effective for long term control of sarcoidosis symptoms. Complicated though, requires baseline labs and chest x-ray then regular monitoring of cbc, liver and kidney function. The care should be overseen by rheumatologist and pcm familiar with potential side effects and drug interactions. Much less $$ than other immunomodulating meds. Prednisone still required sometimes.
Sarcoidosis help. As a caucasian physician with active sarcoidosis bx done and proven.Prednisone is not absolutely necessary execept in a few situations; ie cardiac, joint pains, neurologic, orther organ involvement. Methotrexate can be very useful in certain conditions.Prednisone can be used for flare-ups placquenil can also be utilized.I believe trying to change your lifestyle ie pH balance of body, exercise helps.