Could a fibromyalgia pain come and go.If I rest I have very little pain but if I do my daily chores I feel some pain in my shoulders&lower back.?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Focus muscles

Fibromyalgia iis a chronic pain syndrome.
It can be made worse by poor exercise, poor sleep, poor control of stress and psychologic issues. Each of these need attention. The pain is in the muscles and the muscles need exercising and conditioning. Being deconditioned is being out of shape. The better your muscles do, can make a big difference. The pain can vary with good days and bad.

In brief: Focus muscles

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Laurence Badgley
The reason for a "spectrum of disorder" for fibromyalgia is that the cause, pelvic girdle instability due to pelvic ligament laxity, manifests differently in individuals & genders.  The body musculoskeletal tower is constantly stressed by gravity & a body tilted above an unstable pelvis incurs widely ranging chronic muscle spasm leading to varying densities of painful trigger points. The delicate female pelvis is more easily injured & women have an higher incidence of Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (inherited trait) that contributes to pelvis instability.  Female pelvices are subject to varying intensities of permanent injury related to frequency of childbirth.  In both sexes, severity of symptoms is a function of musculoskeletal deconditioning & upper body mass borne by an unstable pelvis.  On a Pain Board at Quora.com a medical researcher discusses these dynamics, which are the true cause of fibromyalgia. 
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

The chronic widespread body pain of fibromyalgia syndrome [fms] can be relieved somewhat by rest and can become more symptomatic with physical activity.
Despite that, in the absence of active tissue injury, physical activity is important to maintenance of heart/lung function and physical fitness. The low back discomfort could relate to a comorbid myofascial pain syndrome in the iliopsoas muscles.

Dr. I. Jon Russell
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Clarence Wimberly

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Yes, movement can cause the muscles to have spasm. You may want to consider some causes of the spasm such as disc problems of your neck or other illnesses such as fatigue illnesses : thyroid, anemia, depression, sleep problems, etc.

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
2 comments
Dr. Kevin Daus
Fibromyalgia pain responds well to good sleep. But again, most all pain is better with good sleep. As Dr Wimberly says above, there are other things to consider so get in and see your doctor.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Eric Weisman